Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Movies

Excited to see:

Crazy, Stupid, Love - released 29 July

Let's be honest, this one had me with, "Starring Ryan Gosling." But this movie looks like a bit of a departure for him from the brooding serious type he usually plays. Although, playing the seriously sexy, gets-any-woman-he-wants can't be too much of a stretch. Really though, the rest of the cast is incredible as well: Steve Carell (looking a little toned down from normal, thankfully), Julianne Moore, Kevin Bacon (love!), Marisa Tomei (really love!), and Emma Stone. From the trailer, this movie looks hilarious and like there could be an amazing heartfelt and sweet undertone with Carell and Moore's relationship. I'm sure this will be a movie where you know exactly what's going to happen before it happens - but I'm excited for the ride.








Would rather have bamboo shoots pushed under my nails than see:

Bad Teacher - released 24 June

Ridiculous. This movie is just going to be one big over-acted, disgusting, peep show for Cameron Diaz. I'm so sick of her lately and honestly think she's a terrible actress. Granted, "In Her Shoes" is one of my favorite movies and "What Happens in Vegas" always makes me laugh, but those movies are good because of the other cast members - rarely Diaz. So I'm biased in the first place against this movie. Also, why make a mockery of education? Again, I'm biased. But seriously - students and parents who haven't taught before already have zero (ZERO) comprehension of what it takes to be a teacher and are already mocked and criticized at every turn. Why would I want to go and see a movie that encourages the mockery? In any case, it just looks stupid. Although, I have to admit that Jason Segel might be the one bright light in this movie - he's a funny dude even if I didn't care for "Forgetting Sarah Marshall."








Guilty pleasure of the summer will be:

Cowboys & Aliens - released 29 July

Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford. James Bond and Indiana Jones. Cowboys vs Aliens. What's NOT good about this movie??? It will be epic. The only problem will be in deciding between this movie and "Crazy, Stupid, Love" on 29 July.








A movie I can't wait to love:

Another Earth - released 20 July

This movie has all the makings to be a science fiction movie that makes you question things about yourself and examine the life you're living. I so much hope that this movie lives up to everything the trailer made me feel and that the "second earth" merely serves as a backdrop to tell a different story.


No comments:

Post a Comment