Monday, May 9, 2011

All Good Things - 2010 - Ryan Gosling, Kirsten Dunst

My Rating: 3 out of 10

Summary from IMDB: A love story and murder mystery based on the most notorious unsolved murder case in New York history...

My Review: Yawn. I watched this movie a couple days ago and really can't remember that much about it - that's how bad it was. It pains me to give this movie a bad review because I think Ryan Gosling is just about the best actor out there - but this movie is bor. ing. You watch the trailers, you read the summaries, you read the descriptions and they all make this movie out to be a thriller about the "most notorious unsolved murder case," which sounds like a darn good movie. Let me tell you that the last fourth of the movie is the only part which has anything to do with a murder case or like it could be leading up to a murder. Also, you're not even rewarded for staying awake during the whole thing by getting any answers at the end of the movie. You spend 75% of the movie watching Gosling and Dunst fall in love, get married, have problems and then after a few awkward scenes - not even tense or scary or in any way explaining why he might kill her - she's missing. His descent into some kind of psychosis is so abrupt and unexplained that I didn't believe it.

Bottom line: I wouldn't even stop my channel surfing if it was on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment