Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

The Dark Knight Rises - 2012 - Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordan-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine

My Rating: 9.0 out of 10

Summary from IMDB:  Eight years on, a new terrorist leader, Bane, overwhelms Gotham's finest, and the Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy.

My Review:   Wow.  I don't even know where to begin.  I knew very, very little about this movie before I went to see it and that definitely worked to my advantage.  One thing I did know, is Anne Hathaway was taking on the role of Catwoman and that is not something that excited me.  However, the minute Bruce Wayne caught her stealing his mother's pearl necklace, Hathaway had completely won me over and she continued to impress me throughout the movie.  That's what was so absolutely great about this movie - the casting.  Bale is of course a perfect, tortured Bruce Wayne.  Hardy manages to be a creepy, murderous villain despite the fact that you can't see most of his face for the entire movie.  Hathaway was a beautiful, dangerous Catwoman.  JGL, oh my word, JGL.  That guy can absolutely do nothing wrong and I can't even begin to describe the absolute magic that happens at the end of the movie with his character.  (I'm not spoiling anything!)  Marion Cotillard was a surprise casting for me since I knew almost nothing about the movie - and she. is. amazing.  One of my favorite parts of this movie are the few cameos by Cillian Murphy!  Genius.  Go see this movie and ignore anyone who tells you it's too long - good movies provide background, setup, and character development exactly like Dark Knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment